- Create a directory for mavis.
- Extract all files in
the archive's bin directory into the directory you created for mavis.
These should include
- Run sysinfo.exe. This utility will open a DOS window and display the paths for your
SystemRoot and for your Windows System Directory.
- Move the file mavis.ini from your mavis directory to your SystemRoot directory.
- Move all dll files (mavisclient.dll, fgclient.dll, and bmpUtils.dll) from your mavis
directory to your Windows System Directory.
Testing Your Installation
If all is working, you'll see a captured video frame in the
Mavis Control program.
- Plug in a webcam.
- Launch framecap.
- After framecap is running, launch MavisCtl, the Mavis Control program.
Next, select File > Load dll from the menu. This loads mavisclient.dll into MavisCtl.
When the dll is loaded, the GUI displays controls that allow you to "talk"
directly to mavis through MavisCtl.
If you like, you can try out some of mavis' capabilities using these GUI controls.
When you're finished, close the Mavis Control program and framecap.